Wednesday, December 7, 2011
Applications are welcomed for a new post at the Wellcome Library as a Specialist in Medieval and Early Modern Medicine.
Candidates should have a higher degree in History with specialisation in pre-modern medicine or science and must be able to demonstrate the following:
- A strong academic profile
- Knowledge of relevant collections, including those outside the Wellcome Library
- Knowledge of current academic work in fields relevant to the Library's pre-modern collections
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral, including the ability to engage non-specialist audiences
- Strong influencing and persuading skills
- Good networking skills
- An aptitude for collaboration and team-working
- A reading knowledge of Latin and at least one other relevant foreign language.
Full details of the post - and details on applying - are available from the 'Current Vacancies' section of the Wellcome Trust's website (direct link).
The closing date for applications is 21st December 2011.